There’s plenty to do in the temperate Northwest! Activities and Attractions abound in our close-knit communities, so you can come to take in the splendor of the Olympics, but we’ll be happy to entertain, enlighten and engage all of the senses while you’re in the neighborhood.
- Sequim First Friday Art Walk – Monthly, Friday of the first weekend
- Port Angeles Second Weekend Art Event – Monthly, Friday – Sunday on the second weekend
- Red Wine & Chocolate Tour – February – North Olympic Peninsula wineries
- North West Wine and Cheese Tour – April – North Olympic Peninsula wineries
- Olympic Peninsula BirdFest – April – Sequim
- Irrigation Festival – May – Sequim
- Arts in Action & International Sand Sculpture Competition – July – Port Angeles
- Lavender Festival – July – Sequim & vicinity
- North Olympic Fiber Arts Festival – October – Sequim
- Dungeness Crab Festival – October – Port Angeles
- Harvest Wine Tour – November – North Olympic Peninsula wineries
We aren’t far from back country access points to the Olympic National Forest, or from the new Olympic Discovery Trail – recently completed from east of nearby Sequim, beyond Port Angeles and now working it’s way west toward LaPush.
- Dungeness Spit … trails for horses & hikers … 12 miles away
- Deer Park … hiking … 18 miles away
- Lake Crescent & Merrymere Falls … hiking … 45 minutes away
- Hurricane Ridge …hiking & winter sports activities … 45 minutes away
- Sol Duc Hot Springs & Salmon Creek … hiking & swimming … 1 hour away
- Pacific Ocean Beaches … 1 hr 15 minutes away
- Neah Bay – Makah Tribal Center … fishing, museum … 2 hours away
- Victoria, British Columbia …a charming historic community on Vancouver Island … 6 miles to downtown Port Angeles + Ferry Service … walk on or take your car.
And don’t rule out a trip to Port Angeles during winter! Out moderate temperatures grant us frequent white Christmases, without the bone-chilling temperatures of much of the northern US. It is a short drive to Hurricane Ridge in the Olympic National Park, with such winter activities as